Monday 29 July 2013

Day 5

Day 5 on this epic adventure, and I'm still getting there slowly. :P I've got the the point now where I spend so long using the tablet, that I struggle to use the mouse and have to relearn how to use the computer :L. Well enough random chatter, back to the work.

Most of today I spent working on this Reaction Control System (RCS) Pack, though I have to put my hands up and admit that I cheated a little on building it as I used autodesk Maya to build the rough shapes before refining it in ZBrush.

This is because I think it is better at hard surface modeling and it's easier to create large flat shapes, where as Zbrush is more like working with real clay, which is great for fine detail and organic stuff, but not so good for hard surface.

Next I focused on the straps which attach the RCS pack to the Kerbal. I tried to make them different each side to make it seem a bit more organic, and I still need to go in and add stitching detail, but that will be when I do my high quality pass. 

I also added the strap loops on the back of the RCS pack just to make sure that the straps lined up on the Kerbal, and just incase the character ever needs to take the pack off in the animation.


Also a thanks goes out to Vostok from the KSP forums who pointed out that the boots should be more pointed and flat, like real moon boots.

I also have the standard sort of moon boot tread on the bottom of the shoes, but the KSP game has just some random trainer type tread, so I'm not sure whether to go for realism, or stick to the game.

Lots of screenshots today which makes it look a very pretty post, and remember, This was all done in one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment